Monday, December 24, 2007

Afternoon run - 8K


Got back quickly today after teaching a diploma class. I missed my morning run today, so I decided to run in the afternoon. I wanted my son to join me for the run too. He rode his mountain bike, and we decided to take a route that took us to the back of Punggol estate, that provided a scenic run amongst, trails, rivers and a beautiful view of the sea. He had it coming because the trail ride was hard. The sand, hampering his ride cos the soft ground, laden with puddles that were filled with monsoon rain that have been pelting Singapore for the last 3 weeks. The short down hills and riding through the puddles was enough to distract my son from the distance he had to cover.

We covered 8 K, over 46 minutes. I had to stop a few times to help him with the bike and we now have strategy to get him to keep pace with me. I call it cruising as I push from his back when he slowed down.

In the 46 mins I stayed in Zone 4 averaing 28 minutes in this zone. Avr Hr was 157. Peak R was 180. It felt moderately hard. As I slowly get fit, I will include, interval runs in January. We finished our training session today right where we started. It was a hard ride for my son. Cycling seems to excite him more then running and I need him to enjoy these rides. A good drink is enough to get you past the pain of exhaustion so I bought 2 ice cappachinos for both of us and we had that drink at the play ground.
Compared to my girl, Musiab is far more emotional and kind. He has a kindness in him that I sometime admire in awe. Today he even shared his drink when I have finished mine. He let me drink his share and this gentle disposition is a trait I have yet to see in my 4 year old girl. He is more like his mother.

No comments: