Sunday, December 23, 2007

40 K morning ride

Today morning I took my new bike out for a 40 k ride to check it out. This bike that was build by the good folks from TEF bikes who are based just opposite Thomson Rd Hospital. Good decent folks to say the least. It is here Jerome and Jasni the bike engineers work and they will fix your bike and advice you without any hinge of looking you down. Decent cyclist and great guys.
I bought a pair of shoes at a shop at Bukit Timah road. The owner of the shop would probably have served the expat folks more then the locals here. I was asked what bike I wrote when I was browsing their things. The thick upper lip is not exclusive to the Brits cos it looks like some shop owners have assimilated this metamorphosis. Don't think I will go back to the shop, unless I need to change the shoes I bought there.

Well the bike that I am riding now is a great piece of machine. It is flat like a cervelo and and It carries a aggressive 77 degrees seat angle. I also got ultegra 10 speed gear set from TEF. The 10th gear is great for the uphills. Today's ride nearly ended in a crash as I was getting used to the bike. When I looked back at my blind spot before making the turn, the bike veered to the left, going over the metal cages and nearly hitting the kerb. I kept my hands on my handle bars and just hoped I did not lose control of the bike. The bike stayed its course and the crash was averted.

Toady's 40 K ride ended in 1 hr 20 mins and this is the start of my training season. My buddy was not out with me in the morning, hence I rode alone. Here's is a picture of me riding. Took this photo whilst I was riding, hence the look of worry and trying to keep the bike steady.
I need to do some adjustments on my bike. They are;
1. Need to move the seat back a bit
2. Cut of the horns on the handle bar
3. Lastly cut off 3 cm off the aero bar as well.
4. Take off 2 spacers off the fork.

My own assessment on riding a time trial bike, .. it feels nice. My neck nor my back ached after the ride. So the bike has been fitted just right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eb, I JUST visited your blog & saw a small pix/part of your bike. Lemme know if you got more pixs of your bike. Musaib is growing faster than I can remember. ;) Keep posting on your training log, that's how I know what's happening on your side of the world. I'm gonna start logging in my training again. Stay in touch! ;)

Ciao,
frenz!
;)