Saturday, December 22, 2007

6 K morning run on Friday

Well, starting to run again in the wee hours of the morning now. Work up at 6.00 and left home at 7.00 am to do a quick run before marking papers for the subject I am teaching to Diploma students. Well, it felt great to push out in the morning as I laced my shoes and ran out in Punggol. The HRM numbers were at 160-165 and it felt like I was pushing it a bit. The pace of fast but it felt controlled.

From my block to the MRT station and back to the play ground. I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago and I was nursing its bruise. That did not act up at all.

The run felt smooth and it felt great to get past this little set back. Did a 50K bike that week as well. This was the first time I was testing out my bike. The handle bars felt a little bit away and it will require a bit of adjustment to streamline my new time trial bike to my size.

I have since purchased a pair of serfas, 3 laced cyclign shoes as well. Will take it for a spin on Sunday and see how it feels then. The bike requires a bit of adjustment.

The aero needs to be cut about 2 com from the end. Likewise the bull horns needs a bit of twigging too. This would mean I would have to ensure the armrrest remains flat so I can reach the break levers instinctively when I ride. The bike is quite light weighing under 10Kg.

Al that leaves for me to do now is to train systematically for 3 races next year.

I have decide on the 3 races that I will take part locally;
1. SAFRA Biathlon
2. City Duathlon
3. Osim Triathlon

One ironman race just before the fasting month.

No comments: