Sunday, May 6, 2007

Suffered with no speed

Well the title says it all and that was what happened today. Last nite, they showed a very good Tamil movie that I missed so as sleep early to ride the next day. At 2.30 am in the morning my dad insisted that I carried my son to the bed room. He had apparently fall asleep in the hall whilst watching the movie. My dad wakes up quite a bit at nite and he rarely gets a full nite sleep on any given day. He has diabetes and he also goes to the toilet at least 3 times in any given nite. Well, that broke my sleep and I woke up late at 7.20 am with my training buddy waiting outside my house to start out ride.

A quick brush down and I was out with him after 3 straight days of hard work outs. I took a candy bar that I confiscated from my children many days ago. That was suppose to be breakfast whilst we started our ride. Well, that candy bar has since gone bad and I had throw it away as I grabbed Young Sheong' s candy bar when he saw me throwing mine away. I needed more then just that bar for breakfast. We covered a 52 K ride that starting off fast and tapering out like an engine without any fuel towards the end. I was just not able to crank the pedals. We made it to Changi Village and back and an intended hard ride became a ride to just finish.

My body is still aching and I guess to sustain this training regime, I need to alternate between hard and easy days. This month the focus will also be on learning how to do the front crawl right and fixing my strokes so that I can manage a 35 mins swim for 1.5 Km using front crawl.

Any guy in Singapore who is reading my post, you are most welcome to contact me cos i am looking for a coach to help me correct my strokes.

No comments: