Friday, May 4, 2007

Evening Bike Ride

To those of you who wander thru life thinking, how can I find time to exercise, here's a snapshot on what is possible. Thursday was a packed day for me and I had to handle and coach my son who is preparing for his examination in school. After teaching him. the time was 1815 hrs. I had the choice to just hang around or watch TV, I made the conscious choice to ride my bike. After my Asar Prayers, I saddled up, got my gear together and cycled out of my house.

It was indeed a good decision, a bike ride just before dinner. I took the route that plyed to Hougang from Punggol to Old tampines road and made a loop around Bedok Reservoir before returning back. It was a 32K ride and I was riding well above 30 km/hr maxing 36km/hr on some part of the route. This was a first and it was a good feeling to see the speed in the 30s range as oppose to the 20s.

The bike positioning is getting just right as I am able to use my quads and hamstrings well on this ride. I got back home at 1940 hrs with just enough time to do my magrib prayers before settling down to read a book with the biggest bully in Punggol, Fatmah Zahra.

I would like to encourage anyone reading my blog to get off the PC and go out and work out. Ultimately all it means is an hour of your time to exercise and it will get you very focused in the things you want to do. I slept at midnight and woke up at 6.00 am and I feel good. Today it will be work again and collecting the hardcover of my thesis from the print shop. I can't wait to convocate for Master's degree in July. For once sports is tying up all loose end in my life. We have a busy month for May with quite fair bit of work and I look forward to June, when I will be cycling and training in India. I will post an update on two weeks of training in India on this blog.

No comments: