Sunday, May 13, 2007

Started to swim

Well, it has been a while since I last swam in a pool and this friday I swam 18 laps at the public pool. I have decided to leave behind the strokes that I can swim best and learn how to use the front crawl effectively. For a 50 m lap pool it tool 30 strokes counting just one hand to get me from one end to the other. I used muscles I never new existed and the whole body ached when I got home.

The previous nite my and my training partner cycled about 36 km just after 6.00 pm returning back to our home just before 8. It was a good ride and I can't help but realise that YC is in a better fitness then me. I had to shake him off couple of time on the uphills only to have him back on my tail cruising on in style and I pant hard like a fish gulping for air on land. Well that is how the story goes, you reap what you sow and till I started to work just as hard or harder, I will lose a few minutes behind him.

I rested on Sat and sunday is a day for a long run just before lunch to get use to the heat.

No comments: