Saturday, May 5, 2007

fast Run

Today it was a day to run fast and furious. I did a quick 6K run from home to the junction of Punggol Church and back. The heart rate monitor was beeping away as I went past the threshold of 165. I averaged 33 mins for that run and an average heart beat of 162. That was good enough for me.

In the evening just before dinner I asked my wife Afroz to accompany me for a walk. Well there are not many days when I had to resolve issues over little arguments with Afroz and tonite was one of those nite. I needed to make peace with Afroz. She is by far the most patient person I know and as a wife I could not have asked for anything more. Precious and it pains me a lot to see her sad when I hurt her feelings. Like I said to her, the children and my wife are more precious to me then anything else. As we made peace, during that walk I dropped her wallet and we traced back our route twice and yet were not able to find it. When we got back home my frantic mom informed us that a teenage chinese boy apparently found our wallet and returned it at our house. Moreover she added on that he appeared to be a young teenager with streaks of red hair and looked like a gangster, but behaved like gentlemen in returning that wallet that had money and other cards in there.

This was a lesson for me when at times when we are so use to stereotyping people because of the way they appear or as result of their ethnicity. I was humbled that good honest people are out there in our midst and some may not fit the mould of looking decent, here I stereotype again but in fact a nasty looking dude may just be another honest person. The outer appearance has no dept or any magnitude in deciding what a person is like. Very thankful to this boy who returned my wifes wallet with everything intact.

I need to rest and sleep tonite cos my training buddy Youn Sheong wants to ride hard on Sunday.

No comments: