Thursday, January 31, 2008

Short Fast run

Yesterday evening I decided to get a feel of how my knee is acting up. I went for a short run that took me behind Punggol to the temple, MRT station and back. That run was invigourating. Some how when I run fast, the pain on the knee is minimal. The reason being, the contact time between the right foot and the ground is fast before I stride forward with the next foot. The timex heart rate monitor worked really well. I switched my zone training zone to 5 as I averaged 169 on the number of heart beats per minute.

I finished the run in 23 minutes and for once I felt like a runner I was many years ago. No more a struggling runner, but a runner striding forward in style. I am trying to gain mass as well. I am making sure I am eating right with the correct intake of proteins, so that I do not lose weight. For this month and the next, I plan to run short distances with gym work outs to strengthen the muscles.

On the biz front we are taking on great strides, for last week we finished a 1 day training program, for Institute of Technical Education lecturers. The youngest of whom was 49 and the oldest 59. They had at least 20 years of teaching experience amongst them. I was really worried about how we will make an impact on their team building and strategy planning program. Our program was a resounding success as out of the blue one teacher initiated 3 cheers for us when we finished this program. The teachers in this instance surprised us with their thoughts about education, responsibilities and their commitment towards making a difference in a kid's life. I would like to express my admiration to all of you in this blog.

No comments: