Friday, June 8, 2007

Bike ride, bug and split shoes


Last week may not be the best of days for me for training. Unfortunately, the long bike ride I initiated on thursday did not end up the way I envisaged. On our ride from Punggol to Woodlands I dropped my bottle and as I stopped riding and dismounted to pick it up, my shoes literally ripped into two. To keep riding I had to find a stray string on the sidewalk that helped to keep the shoe in place as I pedaled on. Heres a picture taken on a Nokia phone camera.

Well, when thngs happen when you least expect it, it is best to just to accept it with a smile and move on. I rode on, until Upper Bukit Timah rode and this time my rear tire when flat when I hit a small pot hole. Well I was screwed this time round and there ended my bike ride after 40K. I hailed a taxi and got back home in style on a mercedes cab, who had a full karaoke set. This dude is simply amazing, he even belted out a popular hindi tune for me. Simply amazing.
I was quite dehydrated and ended up puking everything I ate for lunch and dinner. Getting to the clinic itself was toturous walk. I thought I could just collapse on the side walking to the clinic at Punggol plaza. It took 2 days for me to recover. Thus a lot of my time was spent on running and fixing my bike.Well, I have reglued my cycling shoe, and I
will take the bike for a spin today on my way to the mosque for my friday prayers and include a swim session in the afternoon. This week has been good, as I was able to include 4 sets of running sessions, with one session at night that kept me in the zone of 163 for 55 minutes. My kids and Afroz are still in India and I look foward to joining then in a weeks time. Here's a picture of my team, the picture I took before they boarded the flight for Thiruchi. Man I miss my two little ones. My little girl never fails to admire me when I gear up to rde. She would look at me in the corner of her eye and will say, "you look cool"everytime I step out with my bike. A pretty lass, who may just take on to what I do, when she grows up.


No comments: